Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shopping makes me happy!

Even if in very small amounts, shopping can just make my day. It doesn't need to be a huge shopping spree, but maybe just finding that one accessory I've been dying to get = instant smile and feeling on top of the world!

So, since today was a pretty crappy day, weather-wise, I decided that I needed a new hat. I've had my eye on something a little more stylish than my current winter hat and today seemed like the perfect day to get it. Especially since we got to leave work early due to the weather, I had some extra time before getting the kids at daycare. And wouldn't you know, Kohl's is right on my way - how convenient! It's like it was meant to be.

Today I said goodbye to my trusty old striped stocking cap I've had since college. It has been well-worn and definitely served its purpose, but now I'm going to have to move it to the "back-up" box of hats, mittens, gloves and scarves. Maybe I'll go back to it someday, but for now I'm going to be sporting my new hat:

Now tomorrow morning I'll be in a pretty good mood because I'll get to wear my new hat. But, how many days of winter are left? Oh.....that many? Shoot. Sounds like I could be buying myself lots of little gifts to get through the winter. Isn't there a saying "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"? I think my shopping sounds justified!

2 comments: