Thursday, December 3, 2009

Get on those walking shoes already!

Over the last year and a half I have really stepped up my eating habits, forcing myself to be very conscious of what I eat, why I'm eating, and how my body feels after eating. The results have been great - lost 25lbs and I just feel better; not so slugglish, lumpy and gross anymore. Now I feel more energetic and positive overall. I really wanted to do this A) for myself, because of a family history of heart disease and high cholesterol and B) to set a good example for my kids and be around as long as possible for them.

But, this little voice inside my head has been nagging me to START EXERCISING!! Changing my diet was the easy part for me. Exercising is the difficult part.

Get up off the couch and put my tennis shoes on? What?! I'm watching Grey's Anatomy!

I'm a lounger and once I get comfy it's almost impossible to get me up (unless there is a child crying somewhere, I'm not neglectful)! About 3 weeks ago I finally decided this is it. I will conquer you Exercise and I will win!! I was doing great. Walked every night on the treadmill for 30 min (while watching TV so it's really not that bad...), taking 1 night off a week to rest. But, now it's been 2 nights off in a row. Yes, yes, not a big deal most will say, but do you realize how quickly 2 days off turns into 1 week, which turns into never? Well, it goes fast. SO, this is just a little reminder to myself to get my walking shoes on tonight and get going! Remember how great you feel after excercising? Ok, now don't forget! No more excuses!


Now speaking of walking shoes, do these Reebok Easy Tone shoes really tone your legs and butt faster?
I'm kind of curious to find out, but I don't know anybody that has them...

No comments:

Post a Comment